SEXUAL VIOLENCE AWARENESS MONTH
Welcome to our scavenger hunt!
Complete all activities on the playing card and be entered in the draw to win a GRAND prize of a Pamper Package generously donated by Moss ‘n’ Stone (valued at $250)!
You can download the playing cards below. The Gold Coast playing card has a few clues or challenges that can only be completed if you live on the coast (or are a regular visitor). The everywhere card is suitable for anyone to use whether you are on the Gold Coast, elsewhere in Australia, or even an international player!
HOW TO PLAY:
- Select the playing card for your location and download it to your computer.
- Only Australian residents are eligible for the prize draw but that doesn’t mean you can’t participate.
- You must complete all 16 squares to be eligible for the prize draw. On the playing card you will have a custom space to type your answer or upload a picture as evidence of completing the activity. Mark them off by typing and uploading straight into this document.
- Some activities require specific actions. Follow the instructions for each square. If instructions are not properly completed, the entry may not be eligible for the prize draw.
- If you have given us your permission, we may publicly post your activity picture to our Facebook Event Page. This is completely optional and at your discretion. Consent matters!
- Once completed, save your playing card as a macro-enabled document (.docm) using your name as the file name.
- Send your completed playing card file to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 30th October to be entered into the grand prize draw. Winners announced Thursday 5th November at 12pm on Facebook.
- When you send your completed submission via email, please also provide your name, a team name (for us to make public) and a contact number. We will get in touch with the winner.
- All completed submissions will be entered to win the GRAND prize. A winner will be chosen at random and announced on Facebook.
What other events and activities is GCCASV hosting for SVAM 2020:
- Online Launch with special guest Clementine Ford
- Speak Out Sessions every Thursday @12.30 in October.These free online mini-trainings will explore the intersections of sexual violence
- Survivor Speak Out and Candle lighting -22nd October @10am Livestreamed through Facebook
- Social Media Campaign on Instagram and Facebook
- Instagram Trivia Night (keep an eye on our stories)
- Facebook Scavenger Hunt
- SVAM Raffle & Fundraiser
Learn More and Get Involved:
- Start By Believing when someone discloses an experience of sexual assault
- Wear teal throughout October, the colour of sexual assault violence awareness and prevention
- Are you on Instagram? Share all the creative ways you ask for consent using the hashtag #affirmativeconsent and show your support for victim-survivors with the hashtag #startbybelievingaustralia
- Visit our Instagram stories for facts, stats, and feminist ideas throughout the month
Get Support or Report an assault: